Corporate Social Responsibility
By means of realizing the objectives of sustainable development, including corporate social responsibility, TORPOL S.A. identifies and indicates the most important pillars under this notion. In its long-term business strategy, the company includes not only economic aspects, but also the aspects comprising the so-called ESG, namely: environment (Enviromental), society (Social), as well as corporate governance (Governance). All these areas include the aspect of respect for ethics in business. In running a business, the Company strives for a balance between the economic viability of a business and the broadly understood social interest and responsible management of an organization. Achieving sustainable development in every area of company’s life is a long-term and multi-stage task.
TORPOL S.A. declares the inclusion of activities in the following areas of the corporate strategy:
The market, the client, the product
- effective management of ethics, as well as corruption and abuse counteracting, etc. (risk management, values, principles, behavioral norms),
- operation based on corporate governance and compliance,
- terms of cooperation and dialogue with subcontractors and suppliers (ethics in relations with suppliers, criteria for selection and evaluation of suppliers),
- relations development with key market shareholders (investors, clients, public administration),
- innovation, implementation of effective technological solutions, development of research and science support,
- communication transparency in regard to the market,
- the role and contribution of the company in the development of the railway/tramway infrastructure comprising an environmentally friendly transportation system, positive influence on the environment (indirect impact).
- workplace relations and dialogue with employees,
- ensuring the safety of employees (including subcontractors),
- improving the skills and competences of employees and their development,
- providing highly qualified staff, acquiring and maintaining outstandingly talented employees,
- sharing knowledge through cooperation with universities and industry schools.
- management of environmental impact during the investment implementation,
- waste management,
- resource management (water, paper, etc.),
- reduction of energy consumption/emission level,
- environmental education of employees,
- additionally, from the perspective of residential construction: ecological efficiency of real estates (including energy efficiency of buildings, certificates).
- dialogue concerning investments, responsible management of claims,
- activities in the field of social involvement (sponsoring, volunteering, social investments).